Promotional items, when used properly can be cost effective advertising tools that produce great results. There have been numerous studies conducted by the Advertising Specialties Industry professionals including the Advertising Specialties Institute (ASI) and the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI). Here are 21 facts that have proven promotional items as effective advertisements.
1. Promotional products are a very flexible advertising medium and can easily target different audiences.
2. In fact, they help consumers remember you – nearly 9 in 10 recipients can identify an advertiser on a promotional item they have been given.
3. They also work in your favor as nearly half the time they leave a more favorable impression of an advertiser.
4. What’s more is the impact of your advertisement is easily measured when you use promotional products.
5. Plus, they are still less expensive per impression than TV, magazines and newspapers.
6. But, they can easily compliment these forms of advertisements.
7. The top 5 promotional items based on the amount of impressions they generate are bags, pens, hats, hoodies and t-shirts.
8. Typically, people own about 10 promotional items.
9. Wearables, bags and health and safety products are more likely kept in a recipients home.
10. Desk accessories, calendars, writing instruments, USB’s are more l likely seen in a recipients office.
11. But, keep in mind promotional items are now more likely to be seen in the office than in a home.
12. To get the most out an ad specialty, choose one that triggers a response or action.
13. As promotional items play on all 5 of your senses – obviously you can see them and feel them but there are also products you can hear, smell and eat.
14. They can help you build relationships with current or prospective customers.
15. They can help you increase booth traffic at a tradeshow.
16. They can help you better position your company and give your company extensive awareness.
17. They can also help you generate new and repeat business.
18. But, you have to set clear goals for your promotion and think about what your promotional items can do for your business.
19. You need to get your promotional items out there! You may not get the results you are looking for if you don’t.
20. Because effective promotional items are used on a daily basis and have a “wow” factor or practical application.
21. The use of a promotional product as an advertising medium alone can achieve a maximum impact: up to 69% + increasing brand interest and 84% in creating a good impression of the brand.