If you are looking to market your company with promotional items and want them to help you maximize your brand exposure, bring in new clients, motivate your employees or any of the other benefits promotional products can bring your way, this is not the blog for you!…Or is it? The following is a list of 5 ways you will end up feeling unhappy with your promotional item purchase and will have you swearing off one of the greatest methods to advertise (those of you looking for a smoother experience, please use this as a guide of what NOT to do).
1. If you want your promotional items to end up in the trash or simply do not want them to be seen, just plan on buying a random product online, make sure you don’t create an action plan of how you will choose and distribute your products or who to distribute your products to.
2. Don’t analyze your target markets before you pick a product, choose a product you like and hope your target audience will end up liking it too…that’s to say you have an audience to target.
3. Order your products a few days before you need them. It is always best to “cut it close”, pay rush fees and overnight shipping costs, and have a nagging fear that your products will not make it to you in time for your event or campaign launch.
4. If you do not care if the correct artwork will be printed on your item or if you do not care to send recipients to the right website or give them the right phone number to call. Do not spell check the art proof, just look at the “X” that marks the spot to sign your name, sign it real quick and give it back to us.
5. OR, if you really want to delay production, do not give us back the art proof on time. Just assume production will go along as planned. Things will run smoother that way.
So, if you are looking to be unhappy with your promotional item purchase, please follow the tips listed above. For all others, I hope the humor in this article will show you what can happen when you do not have a plan of action to execute your promotional item campaign.